Saturday 5 January 2008

I am officially an IDOL!

Yes - you may worship me......

Because today I received a very special parcel!

Gertrude helped me to open it.......

It was my TROPHY! I have just won
Planet Airedale's AIREDALE IDOL 2007 Competition!!
The Results are announced each year on
Christmas Eve.......!

You can see I am very happy with this new title!

I also got a cool bandanna of my very own, and some

yummy treats which I have shared with 'le Grenouille/Gertrick' (Gertrude)

Here I am having a quiet moment to reflect on my new-found honour....

......I am just not sure I can pull it off.

We also had lots of excitement today with Stanley's beard contest results! We would like to congratulate Buster for his AMAZING beard! And of course, congratulations to all the other entrants! We loved all of your beards - they were quite stunning.

We loved taking part and I am frankly quite amazed that my beard has grown the most....hmmmm......and I'm not entirley sure the measurements stated are quite accurate, but I'm not complaining!! I had thought Gertrude had done quite a good job of cropping it for me, but perhaps all that extra saliva she has provided did the trick and made it GROW?? Or perhaps it was her expert pruning skills - to divert the growth downwards rather than outwards...? Who knows - it may just be all the treats I eat, heeheehee!

Well - that's enough excitement for one day!
Time for a snooze on my throne.

LOVE

Idol Molly

and

her Princess Lady Gertrude

xxxx


9 comments:

Persephone and Buster said...

CONGRATULATIONS, MOLLY!!!!

You'll ALWAYS be our idol. And a Champion Beard-Grower to boot! We think that airedale beards are the coolest--especially when muddied and thrust into some human's unsuspecting face.

Wonder if any of us will reach that Eight-Inch career record...

In humble admiration,

Your buddies,

Buster, Persephone, & Ms. Bailey

Noah the Airedale said...

You da girl Molly!!!!!!!! First Idol then most improved beard...what a year for you. Well done and congratulations from your pals down under.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah Willow Tess & Lucy

Agatha and Archie said...

What a year!! Congrats!!! Archie had to pull out of the beard contest becasue he had too much chewie in his beard!! Love A+A

Molly the Airedale said...

Whoooooooooohooooooooooo - congratulations, girlfren! Today is your lucky day all around - first the idol award and now a beard award! Is your head gonna fit out the back door when you have to go pee!! hehehehe
We're THRILLED for you!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

The Thuglets said...

Wooo Hooooooo

Congratulations Molly!

Way to go Molly girl.

Love
The Thugletsx

Harry said...

Two very well deservered wins. I know you'll take it all in your stride Molly. Hope Gertrude isn't sulking though!

Toodle pip,
Harry x

Persephone and Buster said...

AWESOME MOLLY...& an IDOL all at the same time! i just had to reply in the person of me.. theBUSTER w/o the rest of them... ;o]
------->Congratulations <--------
on your MIB....
theBUSTERbear,bestbeard...

Stanley said...

Idol Molly!

Congratulations,girlie! You are amazing, and I had no idea you were up for that award. I feel honored just to know you.

And, Miss Gertrude! Congratulations on winning most improved beard (my girl was having trouble reading some of the measurements, but that's hoomans for you).

I need you to peemail me your snail mail address please so I may send you your prizes.

Whoa! 2 award-winning girl-dales in 1 household. Is there still room in there for your hoomans?

Goober love & smooches,
Stanley

Caz and Ludo the cool dude said...

I'm so pleased you won planet Idol you do deserve it. We think you are great.
Now the beardy contest is won we think you should have it permed.
love your trophey i'm sure you are proud of it and your mum must be delighted.

Cool dudey Ludo